First of all, my mother has not arrived lately in my dreams to speak to. Instead I am dreaming very strange things. Last night Dr. Mercola was there (though he looked better with more hair), and some blonde woman I didn’t know. The idea seemed to be that we were both supposed to sleep with him, but we never did. The blonde woman DID take a shower and put on a swimsuit. Mostly we just were grilling steaks and lobster in what looked more like two smokers than a grill. They were in there forever (looking like ribeyes or strip steaks) and I kept checking them but they looked nice and red and not done. Then Dr. Mercola had this little beagle dog he had to walk. Then we three were suddenly in some restaurant not practicing social distancing and the idea was you cooked your own steak at your table. Dr. Mercola and I wanted a grill thing but there seemed to be only one thing that looked like an electric frying pan. I was looking all over for the right grill pan thing and ended up in the kitchen where there was a tall distinguished black man in a chef’s shirt. The other employees in there said they were worried about him because he was shaking with the chills. I tried to get past him holding my breath, but I had to put one finger on a swinging door. And I was looking all over for some hand sanitizer or a place to wash my hands and face when I woke up. This is really not the dream I was incubating.
Next, for fun, Ive been researching a bit The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (The Answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything), Douglas Adams. In the book he made a joke that the answer to everything was the number 42. It caught on: (my daughter Hilary will like Number 36):
1. Queen Victoria’s husband Prince Albert died aged 42; they had 42 grandchildren and their great-grandson, Edward VIII, abdicated at the age of 42.
2. The world’s first book printed with movable type is the Gutenberg Bible which has 42 lines per page.
3. On page 42 of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Harry discovers he’s a wizard.
4. The first time Douglas Adams essayed the number 42 was in a sketch called “The Hole in the Wall Club”. In it, comedian Griff Rhys Jones mentions the 42nd meeting of the Crawley and District Paranoid Society.
5. Lord Lucan’s last known location was outside 42 Norman Road, Newhaven, East Sussex.
6. The Doctor Who episode entitled “42” lasts for 42 minutes.
7. Titanic was travelling at a speed equivalent to 42km/hour when it collided with an iceberg.
8. The marine battalion 42 Commando insists that it be known as “Four two, Sir!”
9. In east Asia, including parts of China, tall buildings often avoid having a 42nd floor because of tetraphobia – fear of the number four because the words “four” and “death” sound the same (si or sei). Likewise, four 14, 24, etc.
10. Elvis Presley died at the age of 42.
11. BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs was created in 1942. There are 42 guests per year.
12. Toy Story character Buzz Lightyear’s spaceship is named 42.
13. Fox Mulder’s apartment in the US TV series The X Files was number 42.
14. The youngest president of the United States,Theodore Roosevelt, was 42 when he was elected.
15. The office of Google’s chief executive Eric Schmidt is called Building 42 of the firm’s San Francisco complex.
16. The Bell-X1 rocket plane Glamorous Glennis piloted by Chuck Yeager, first broke the sound barrier at 42,000 feet.
17. The atomic bomb that devastated Nagasaki, Japan, contained the destructive power of 42 million sticks of dynamite.
18. A single Big Mac contains 42 per cent of the recommended daily intake of salt.
19. Cricket has 42 laws.
20. On page 42 of Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Jonathan Harker discovers he is a prisoner of the vampire. And on the same page of Frankenstein, Victor Frankenstein reveals he is able to create life.
21. In Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, Friar Laurence gives Juliet a potion that allows for her to be in a death-like coma for “two and forty hours”.
22. The three best-selling music albums – Michael Jackson’s Thriller, AC/DC’s Back in Black and Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon – last 42 minutes.
23. The result of the most famous game in English football – the world cup final of 1966 – was 4-2.
24. The type 42 vacuum tube was one of the most popular audio output amplifiers of the 1930s.
25. A marathon course is 42km and 195m.
26. Samuel Johnson compiled the Dictionary of the English Language, regarded as one of the greatest works of scholarship. In a nine-year period he defined a total of 42,777 words.
27. 42,000 balls were used at Wimbledon last year.
28. The wonder horse Nijinsky was 42 months old in 1970 when he became the last horse to win the English Triple Crown: the Derby; the 2000 Guineas and the St Leger.
29. The element molybdenum has the atomic number 42 and is also the 42nd most common element in the universe.
30. Dodi Fayed was 42 when he was killed alongside Princess Diana.
31. Cell 42 on Alcatraz Island was once home to Robert Stroud who was transferred to The Rock in 1942. After murdering a guard he spent 42 years in solitary confinement in different prisons.
32. In the Book of Revelation, it is prophesised that the beast will hold dominion over the earth for 42 months.
33. The Moorgate Tube disaster of 1975 killed 42 passengers.
34. When the growing numbers of Large Hadron Collider scientists acquired more office space recently, they named their new complex Building 42.
35. Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland has 42 illustrations.
36. 42 is the favourite number of Dr House, the American television doctor played by Hugh Laurie.
37. There are 42 US gallons in a barrel of oil.
38. In an episode of The Simpsons, police chief Wiggum wakes up to a question aimed at him and replies “42”.
39. Best Western is the world’s largest hotel chain with more than 4,200 hotels in 80 countries.
40. There are 42 principles of Ma’at, the ancient Egyptian goddess – and concept – of physical and moral law, order and truth.
41. Mungo Jerry’s 1970 hit “In the Summertime”, written by Ray Dorset, has a tempo of 42 beats per minute.
42. The band Level 42 chose their name in recognition of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and not – as is often repeated – after the world’s tallest car park.
I doubt this is an exhaustive list, but of course, there can only be 42 coincidences! It might seem funny but as a believe in Jung’s Synchronicity, there is likely something to all of this if not THIS particular list.
I had a better night for a while, but my father flailed around banging his legs off the bed at a bit for 5 a.m. I couldn’t get back to sleep for a long time and when i woke then I had another freaking headache and backache. My stomach seems to be settling some from getting back on my diet and can only hope these other issues are from an oxalate or carbohydrate dump since I really am struggling still. I had gained nine pounds and have lost four of it already or a bit more, and feel like it’s inflammation leaving my body. I did meditation yesterday and today should be full body weight bearing stuff, but I’m also a believer in not overdoing it as you start into a keto type diet.
Since I tend to worry about my health, I worry I have cancer or a brain tumor every time I have these systemic reactions even though I often think it probably has to do with my Hashimoto’s thyroid condition and/or allergies–both autoimmune things that both seemed helped by keto and even more by carnivore. And my mood hasn’t lifted like it usually does from carnivore–most likely because of my interrupted sleep. My husband who is lazing about sleeping 12 hours is supposed to be getting breakfast and feeding/walking the dog and he didn’t. So that didn’t help my mood much. And interrupted sleep is not a good thing.
So my plan today will be working on my fantasy novel. Will see if the headache, body aches lift at all and decide on exercise about 3 p.m. Steaks on the grill (well why not–I did happen to have them thawed before the dreams–I don’t think Dr. Mercola will be here expecting me to sleep with him–a relief since I don’t find him physically exciting at all–will wait for the next comedian to show up in my dreams!) Will try to not over-cook the steaks. Make some mushrooms for the other folks and some baked potatoes, salad maybe.
Today is my Butcherbox order and we’ll have to wipe down all the vaccum wrapped meat since freezing keeps the coronavirus alive and it lives on plastic a long time anyway. But I’ll keep out a chicken to do on the grill for Saturday. It’s getting time for an occasional cheat of tacos (I highly recommend Mama Lupe’s tortilla shells which have only 4 carbs and are better than regular ones — a bit pricey online — but worth the money). So it will be time soon for fajitas and tacos — an occasional keto meal in the summer. Garden veggies occasionally. Mostly lettuce, green beans, herbs, a tomato or two. But not for a month while I try to right my system.
No money from anyone again and the websites say status unavailable or information doesn’t match their records or my husband’s company screwed up filing proper quarters or they spent all the small business money. And the Democrats want to put the government in charge of MORE stuff. Our health — right — government health care. Like that will be good quality. It will be rationed and lousy and it will bankrupt us to boot. They are incompetent. As a Libertarian who is suspicious of government it never seems to amaze me that progressives here claim to not have faith in their fellow man, yet they have faith that those same corruptible humans can be trusted with absolute power — after they strip business of at least the balance of power by redistributing the wealth. And they have faith they are competent. Amazing. Not to mention they don’t understand human nature. If there are no incentives to do things, we will all shrug and get in line. They are killing the golden goose and now we hang over the precipice. Even T.C. Boyle, writing teacher from CA, wrote Drop City, about a commune in northern California or Canada, can’t remember where it was located. But it all worked fine until half the people got sick of doing all the work. Hmmm. I always pictured him as a liberal, yet he seems to have some sense in his head.
My thought used to be that both parties were necessary to keep a balance–you didn’t want either party to have complete control. And I still think that to some degree, though late term abortion (I am reluctantly for it in the first 12 weeks just because there are too many reasons not to allow it), but late term abortion unless to literally save the life of the mother is nothing short of brutal murder. Hollywood brags about it now like it’s a badge of honor when it’s nothing but human error and stupidity. And the left has gone so far left the thought of the getting in there is terrifying. Let’s see, they want no voting supervision so they can perpetuate full time voter fraud, open borders, full government control over our bodies, late term abortion, and more, though that’s enough. If they get their way, there likely will be no balance at all in our society.
I also fancy I can see all sides of things a bit better since my family has been in construction of some sort, my father and husband, all our lives, but I’m a writer and was an adjunct professor.
Right now, they have made everything political. Everything. We can’t have sports unite us–we used to root for our home team–there is no place to find common ground except when you look around and see people reach out a hand to help someone they know nothing about — a bit of hope there. But the world is split in half — the globalist elitists vs. those who want smaller agrarian communities — something like this is causing societies to fall apart — and it will right itself when we help one another locally again. I recommend Wendell Berry for an excellent read. His nonfiction and fiction is fabulous. I am sure he’s a liberal on many fronts but he says we will fall apart as a society if we don’t function locally. You can see why that is in times like this.
Separate seedling report to follow.
Happy Thursday (already?).
3 thoughts on “Carnivore Dreams – Dreams and Silly Stuff”
Yep. I like 36. Also 3 and 7 for sure. haha.
Oh, yeah! Titanic and Harry Potter! No. 42 figures prominently in your life!
It appears so!