So ponder these facts (while I’m working on my next post which may or may not show up tonight). (I know these facts both from research and personal experimentation):
- If you FAST, your cholesterol will rise. (I can attest to this and you can research it.)
- If you eat carnivore your cholesterol MIGHT rise even more. (I can attest to this but it doesn’t happen to everyone.)
- If you eat junk food, no matter what it is, plants, carbs of all kinds, your cholesterol will go down, by quite a lot, from the above. (I can attest to this.)
- If you are 60 or older, you will live longer if your total and BAD cholesterol is higher than others and higher than recommended. (I can’t attest to this so far thank God.)
- Higher cholesterol protects against dementia. (I can’t attest to this, maybe my kids will someday.)
- Most people who have heart attacks have normal or low cholesterol levels. (Also not personal experience).
- If you take plant sterols which is one of the remedies for high cholesterol and often prescribed by doctors, your cholesterol will reduce, BUT one of the side effects is plaque in your heart arteries. Look it up. What???
Now, tell me what is wrong with this picture. They don’t bother to explain any of the above, I suspect the diet guidelines are more political as they were when the food pyramid was first constructed, but it’s all true. So we know they do not understand the cholesterol picture.
Of course, cholesterol can’t be apples to apples, either. If you eat McDonalds every day and other junk, bad oils on french fries, etc., is your high cholesterol the same as someone with high cholesterol who eats grass fed beef every day and no junk food, all organic?? I doubt it.
We need more studies on this. A lot more.
Just a few things to ponder as I work on a post or two.
Happy Monday. I’m on the road tomorrow for a quick day trip to our camp to pick up the corn hole game and mow the lawn. See you Wednesday.